Thursday, March 5, 2015

Transformers RID

I picked up my first two RID Transformers today, I had some Kelloggs/Hasbro promotion coupons which gave a free toy under $20 and they were expiring at the end of this month. I didn't really know what to do with them since I wasn't sure if I want to get into RID and I definitely am not a fan of the Combiner Wars stuff. But after watching the latest episodes of RID2015, I think I will like this series. It reminds me a lot of Animated which is still my favourite Transformers show. There's just this charm I like about colorful kiddish shows, it's just more fun. Prime was dark and gloomy, so it's nice to have something colorful and bright again.

I got Bumblebee and Strongarm, they are actually pretty nice and true to the show. They got rid of the paper instructions and they are just printed on the back of the card now. The transformations are extremely simple, which for some is a charm in itself (like me! lol). However, for the regular retail price of $19.99 per figure, I think it is too much for what it is. It definitely feels a little smaller than the regular deluxe and those were only $16.99 at retail. So with the $3 increase and smaller size, I will only be picking them up during like  25+% off sales.

So far, there are Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, and Steeljaw out. I am going to skip on the warrior size (new name for these "deluxes") Grimlock, hoping we will get a voyager one in the future. I am still on the fence about Steeljaw, this wolf-like Decepticon character, actually the first member of the Decepticon to appear on the show. I hope we will see Sideswipe soon since he looks pretty cool too.

Verdict: Not worth it at regular price, but if you like the show and can get these on sale, then I'll recommend them!

RID Strongarm and Bumblebee

1 comment: