Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jet-powered Prime

I've been wanting this combo for a while, it's the second movie leader class Optimus Prime and the Fans Want It Jet-power upgrade set. Ever since this 3rd party set was released, I knew that I would want it. I eventually tracked down a loose Optimus Prime to use with this set. However, as time passed, this had fallen down the list of to-buys. But this bot popped up on the local Transformers site, the upgrade set with the prime for the same price as if I were to the get the upgrade set alone. So I pulled the trigger...and I am glad I did. This bot looks super cool! Much better than the Jetfire + Prime combo from Hasbro! It sits at about 12-14" in height which makes him MASSIVE! I need a whole shelf of my Detolf to display him. The cool thing about this set is the mobility is not impeded whatsoever, the articulation of the leader prime is all retained. Although that is not to say he can strike many poses because he is still really back heavy. That and together with the flimsy plastic (I read on the forums that the plastic on this snap really easily), I had to handle it with extra care. It was all worth it though as I finally got a screen accurate display for the Jet-powered Prime (one of my favs in Bayverse Transformers!).

Jet-powered Prime

4 comments: