Monday, October 21, 2013

WBCollect.com Ordeal

Have anyone else order from WBCollect.com? I discovered this site from my local forum quite a while ago, maybe around early last year. When I found out about them, I was collecting Marvel Universe and they had a lot of loose figures for very good prices. The best part is they ship anything loose for free (even to Canada!), so that was very attractive. I've ordered some small items from them several times and it has all gone well. Although it does take about a week for the order to process and then be shipped out. I received my items for the first few orders I made with them.

Then I believe it was early this year when I ordered a Transformers Shockwave from them. At that time, those figures were still elusive up here in Canada and ordering from WBCollect came out to be about the same price as buying it locally so I ordered one. I waited for 3-4 weeks and my order status was still in processing. I emailed them and never got a reply. In the end, I had to go through Paypal to resolve it.

There was a period that I avoided ordering from them after that experience. Then I guess about a month ago, when those 6" Star Wars Black Series came out and I saw them on WBCollect, I decided to have a go with them again. I received the figure promptly after the initial one week of processing. So I figured that time with the Shockwave might just be a fluke.

So about a month ago, I made three orders with them, total came to just under $100. And again, it has been 3 weeks of processing. I was thinking to myself...oh no not again with this crap! I emailed them 2 times with no reply. And finally again, I am resorted to going through Paypal to get my money back. I just sent the dispute for the first order which I made on September 17, 2013. So it has been well over 3 weeks....and tada still processing!

This is just a post to warn those who are considering ordering from them. Their prices are tempting and they have some cool stuff that are probably hard to find elsewhere. But beware...after this second time...I am just going to stay clear from this store for good!

P.S. I will update this when I get a reply from them...or get my money back...

4 comments:

  1. I guess they go on the black list now thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, they are now on my black list too.
      I've got several pieces in my collection from them too, but it looks like their service is just not consistent.
      And I feel it's a waste of time that I have to go through Paypal just to get in touch with them...sigh...

      Delete
    2. Hello from Brazil. On September 13, 2013 I ordered 4 GI Joes for US$24,00 (must be over US$20,00 to get international free shipping). Didn't got it so far. Sent 3 e-mails and the only answer is: "hi will look up the tracking on this order asap!" like a machine. Didn't use pay pal at the time so... lost my money. Beware with them!!

      Delete
  2. It's funny I had the similar thing happen to me with my Rocket Raccoon Marvel legends. They finally got two in stock that were loose, I paid for nip. After waiting for a month and no response to my emails about item, I got tired of waiting and went through PayPal to get my money back. Funny and conveniently how the owner of store site responded then when I requested a refund. Please Smh

    ReplyDelete