Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And another year goes by...

This year has been a real eye-opener for me in terms of toy-collecting. I think after I graduated and got a job with a steady income, I started hoarding a lot of toys just for the sake of it (a lot of movie TF's especially). The turning point happened this summer when I've finally acquired a Masterpiece MP-01. After getting the MP-01, I noticed that I get much more enjoyment out of a high quality toy than the numerous movie deluxes that I've been stockpiling mostly from the sales. So after I decided once and for all to purge my TF collection of all the movie stuff. Luckily I was able to sell them all off and now my TF collection is only comprised of Masterpieces, Classics, Animated, Beast Wars, Prime and the odd few TF's I like from other lines.

Although I still love imported toys as much as ever. Actually I think back in March, I actually had all my preorders cleared from Amiami. But they soon started up again with all the new releases announcements and now I am up to May 2013 in preorders already...sigh...it's back to the neverending cycle again. It's not that I don't enjoy collecting these toys, it's just that I want to start saving more money this year. I've been splurging on way too much toys and gadgets lately.

So in 2013, I hope I will be able to really cut down on buying toys, I mean I will probably never completely stop, but I don't want to buy anymore things that I will look at later and wonder why I bought it in the first place. For TF's, I will be concentrating on certain Masterpiece and 3rd party releases. Import toys-wise, it seems like this year will still be as strong as ever. Although this year seems like it will be the year to finish the Ultra-brothers so I can't wait for that! I am really looking forward to the Dragonball Z Figuarts releases as well. Luckily I have no interest in the current Kamen Rider Wizard series so that's a whole series of Rider Figuarts I will be opting out of. Ahh I could go on and on...but let's just wait and see how the year will reveal itself!

Anyways, I hope everyone will have another great year and of course...keep on collecting!

MS Girl Wing Gundam

3 comments: