Saturday, October 10, 2009

Review: SIC Kiwami Tamashii Vol. 1 Hibiki


I was really excited to get this figure so he was the first one I opened. What I really like about the packaging of this series is that they are resealable. After I finish messing around with it, it went straight back into the packaging and looks brand new again. I really like this since I want to play with it, but I really like how they look new in box too.

I thought I'd try something different this time with the pics since I have tons of them.
(Click to enlarge)




Really nice details on a figure this size, I am really impressed. The price is similar, probably just a bit more expensive than a Marvel Universe here. But it is cleared which is the better bang for the buck. One thing I forgot to do here is put the devil heads that are on the ends of his Ongekibou Rekka which are attached to his other set of hands, on the piece on the back of his waist. These for for when he is using his normal hands (empty) and his Ongekibou Rekka is in the holder. Other accessories include his henshin tuning fork and his disk animals. Another interesting thing to note is that the heads on his Ongekibou Rekka are different; one is smiling and one is frowning (at least that's what I think).




Articulation is awesome, best I've seen at this scale. The only thing I would add is a toe joint, but that's just being picky.



Overall, I am very impressed with this figure. The details are amazing and the articulation is very good at this price point (1000 yen). Although I have to note that other volumes in this series seems to be a bit more expensive (1200 yen), it's probably because they have more accessories. I got this figure during the free shipping offer from HLJ so I didn't have to pay shipping, but I think shipping would be around 500 yen for the figure. And I did end up having to pay taxes and handling fees, so that probably brought the figure up to around $20. It's still not bad for the price considering Marvel Universe are already $12~ and their detailing and articulation are nothing close to this. I can't wait to get Faiz when it comes out, but I'll probably order him along with a few others to save on shipping.

2 comments:

  1. I may get the Faiz. Let me know if you see that in HLJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's up for preorder right now on HLJ along with Axel and Blaster form. Just search Kiwami on HLJ and you will find them.

    ReplyDelete